January 2020: From Merewent to Midrand to Manenberg. All over South Africa, young children whose parents believe in the power of education to eradicate poverty are arriving at their pre-school, ready to learn through play.
GROW Educare Centres is a local nonprofit organisation that partners with Early Childhood Development (ECD) centre owners through a social franchising partnership to set them up for success. We provide them with the tools, processes and ongoing support they need to deliver 5-star early learning in disadvantaged communities. Right on schedule, after months of preparation, infrastructure upgrades and teacher training, 15 new GROW Educare Centres franchises open their doors to welcome their 2020 learners.
Welcome to the following new GROW Educare Centre franchises:
Cape Town, Western Cape
- Victory Educare – Kraaifontein
- Ravensmead Educare – Ravensmead
- Ikwezi Lokusa Educare – Mannenberg
- Creative Kids.com – Mannenberg
- Bright Future Preschool & Nursery – Soweto
- Wiggles & Giggles Daycare – Erkhuleni
- Nkakole Preschool and Creche – Midrand
- Hamptons Nursery, Creche & Preschool – Eldorado Park
- Ouma-Vics Daycare & Pre-school – Midrand
Durban, KwaZulu Natal
- Sanctuary of Learning – Pinetown
- Morning Star Creche and Daycare – Seaview
- Little Butterflies Playschool & Nursery – Sydenham
- Rainbow Educare centre – Umbilo/Glenwood
Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal
- Little Ambassadors Play School – Pietermaritzburg
- Ezizamele Educare Centre – Pietermaritzburg
More centres need help. Please donate.
These long term franchise partnerships are made possible thanks to donations from businesses, foundations and individuals. Your investment (whether R50, R500 or R500 000) helps ensure that children get the quality love and education they deserve.
This year 15 more centres require infrastructure upgrades. Please donate today to make this a reality.
Why is ECD so important?
High-quality ECD education is crucial to a child’s brain development. It creates the foundation for school readiness, improves a country’s economic viability by supporting working families and results in proven lifelong gains for the child and their future families.
Our Recipe for ECD Success
We provide women who have a heart for children and head for business with a complete recipe for ECD success. This franchise model significantly improves the educational outcomes for children under five and ensures that the business owner can run a professional and sustainable business. We call this our “Early Learning in a Box” and “Business in a Box” model.
ADOPT AN ECD CENTRE
Adoption is about creating a long-term meaningful partnership that results in sustainable impact. Ingraining quality is not a once-off event and will not be sustained unless we journey alongside each of our franchisees for at least 5 years.
When you partner with GROW Educare Centres to Adopt-an-ECD Centre for a 2-5 year period it ensures that we can provide the full support package (ongoing training, mentoring and monitoring) to ensure centres are consistently reaching the 5-Star vision.
How Does it Work?
- You may choose to adopt an ECD centre for 2 – 5 (preferable) years in total.
- You may choose to adopt a current centre or fund the set-up of a brand new centre.
- Your investment supports the centre’s development (Business-in-a-Box and Early-Learning-in-a-Box model) as well as their infrastructure and equipment requirements and will be invested across the full suite of support that we offer.
- Your investment does not go into the operational costs of running the centre as that is funded by fee income.