CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
(Remote working, fixed term full-time appointment)
GROW Educare Centres (www.growecd.org.za) is an innovative non profit company which has the vision to bring 5 Star early learning to every neighbourhood in South Africa. To achieve this vision, we create an ecosystem for Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres that ensures children receive high quality early learning and ECD centre owners run professional and sustainable businesses.
We have developed an integrated mobile app that is now available to any early learning centre (ECD) in South Africa. This mobile application suite ensures that centre owners have all the tools and training in the palm of their hand. The mobile application includes tools for owners, teachers and parents. The rollout of the app commenced in March 2021 and we are looking for a person to fill the Customer Support role.
You must have a Can-do attitude, be passionate about serving customers, relentless at trying to find the root cause of a problem and continually striving for improvement. Your core role is offering technical support, listening to customers and partners’ needs, understanding their current context and finding and communicating effective solutions. You will consolidate client service experience feedback from various sources and support the implementation and testing of features, process changes and other mechanisms that can improve the servicing of customers and the product offering.
This role is ideally suited to a graduate who is looking for a 6 month contract (with the possibility of an extension to 12 months) to gain experience to pursue a career as a business analyst or software developer.
- Develop and maintain a broad and technical knowledge of our software products and services, continually learning as our solution evolves.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and conceptual problem solving to propose solutions to unstructured, and potentially unprecedented, issues.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and communicate technical issues simply to users but also compile technical specifications for the technical team.
- Communicate with customers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner regardless of the circumstances and do this in a way to reduce anxiety and build confidence with users who are not tech savvy.
- Minimize case escalation, striving for first-contact resolution.
- Prepare accurate and timely documentation of interactions to maintain customer records.
- Prepare various reports for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Recommend improvement strategies and write up technical specifications for development team.
- Develop ad-hoc training and improve the onboarding tasks when needed.
- Conduct testing on new functionality before it is released to market.
Requirements and competencies:
- A recent business or computer technology graduate who has studied some software development or business analyst type courses including micro credentials.
- Tech savvy – you are the person everyone goes to when their tech is not working.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Patient and emotionally intelligent when handling difficult customer/user situations.
- Adaptable to the quick changing landscape of a start-up environment.
- Fluent in English and at least one other African language (desirable).
- Excellent Excel skills – particularly pivot tables.
- Must have own laptop and access to uncapped Wifi
- Able to work independently and remotely. Ideally located in either Cape Town, Gauteng or Durban and able to work from offices in these locations if required.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com with a short covering note explaining why you would like to work for GROW, how your skills, experience and meet the requirements for the position and would add value,
Remuneration: R15 000 per month
For more information on the GROW mobile application say “Hi” to our WhatsApp bot on 0215312134