(Employment equity Full-Time position)
We are looking for a dynamic team player with at least 10 years of teaching experience in the foundation phase /early childhood development, excellent interpersonal skills and strong planning and organisational skills to fill the role of Programme Manager in our Midrand office. You will be accountable for the effective implementation and management of the GROW Programme for Step 2 to 5 ECD centres in the region to support ECD owners in offering high-quality early learning services and running sustainable businesses.
If you have a growth mindset, resilience and response-ability (yes, we spelt that correctly), operate pro-actively, are comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, can work collaboratively with and through others and believe in the worth of pursuing a sector-wide change, you might be the right person for our team.
- Manage the implementation of the GROW Programme in Step 2 to 5 ECD centres according to the respective packages of support and to the required standards.
- Manage the education and business mentor team and ensure mentoring, guidance and centre visits are provided according to the respective package of support.
- Track education mentor reporting, guide the team in developing action plans to address issues and ensure implementation thereof.
- Track reporting of business sustainability and progress towards registration of Step 3 to 5 ECD centres, guide the team in developing action plans to address issues and ensure implementation thereof.
- Review APP activity and data of Step 2 to 5 centres, ensure centres meet the requirements, identify issues and implement plans to address them.
- Build relationships with ECD owners and teachers, visit centres and engage on matters related to education, management and business sustainability
- Oversee the Compliance Check, Learner Assessment and Teacher Evaluation process in the region, develop action plans based on results with team and ensure implementation thereof
- Manage the regional training, education and business mentoring calendar in line with the national calendar
- Facilitate training for ECD owners, teachers and interns
- Plan and host meetings with STEP 5 ECD owners.
- Assist with management of external monitoring and evaluation process
- Provide input in the development of Education strategy
- Recruit interns and manage the regional internship programme
- Provide feedback to the Regional Implementation Manager and submit monthly reports
Requirements and Competencies:
- A relevant Diploma or Degree in Education
- At least 10 years teaching experience in Foundation Phase /Early Childhood Development
- Knowledge of early childhood development programmes
- Experience in directing and shaping curriculum and teaching process
- A Driver’s License, having your own transport will be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and comfortable with technology
- English speaking, ability to speak Tswana or Zulu will be an advantage.
- Experience in managing a team
- Solid experience in training and facilitating training sessions
- Strong development and interpersonal skills
- Apt in building, managing and retaining strong relationships with customers
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
Please email us
- your CV
- a short covering note explaining why you would like to work for GROW, how your skills, experience and accomplishments meet the requirements for the position, why you believe you would be an asset to GROW
- your remuneration expectations