Take action. Inspire change. Make every day a Mandela Day.
Mandela Day is celebrated on 18 July every year. This year Mandela Day is on Monday 18 July 2022. It is an opportunity for individuals and organisations to take collective action in a meaningful way – and leave a legacy – in honour of Nelson Mandela. Together, we must build a safe, prosperous future for everyone.
How can you get involved with Mandela Day to help a local preschool?
- Ask the preschool what help they need – don’t make assumptions. You might think the school needs a coat of paint, but in reality, they might need new, clean mattresses for nap time, age-appropriate books for their reading corner, stationery for their weekly classroom art activities, or a CPR course for a teacher, or help connecting with the right people.
- Volunteer your unique skills. Most preschools don’t need another mural on their wall and they don’t need a teacher. They need practical support and skills. Ask your local preschool how you can use your unique skills to assist them. Handy? Fix lights or gutters or doors. Social media queen? Help the school set up a professional profile on Google My Business and Facebook. Organiser? Help the school with its filing and administration. Designer? Create staff t-shirts or a leaflet.
- Fundraise as a team towards a specific need that the school has identified. It might be new pots and spoons for the kitchen, outside play equipment or a box of Duplo. Identify a financial need and start a fundraising campaign with your colleagues and friends. Set a goal and you’ll be surprised how everyone can pitch in to achieve it.
Here is how you can get involved at GROW Educare Centres across Gauteng, the Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal
HOST AN EVENT AT A LOCAL SCHOOL. HERE ARE SOME IDEAS:
- Host a reading morning at a school and contribute to the school library
Show children it’s fun to read. Bring books to add to the school’s reading corner and host a fun reading morning. You could dress up, use puppets or act out the story – anything to make reading time fun!
You could also give each child a book to take home.
- Teach our children about healthy eating
Healthy body, healthy mind. Bring healthy ingredients and lunchboxes to our school and show the children how to make a healthy lunchbox. Let’s teach them about fruits, vegetables, meat, fats and grains and remind show then that eating healthy is delicious. Afterwards, let’s eat our healthy lunches together.
ASSIST A PRESCHOOL WITH YOUR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION. HERE ARE SOME IDEAS:
You can visit a preschool to hand over your donation. It’s our pleasure and honour to host you as our guest and it gives our centres an opportunity to show you why they are the centre of their communities.
Your Tax benefits for doing good:
- All financial donations qualify for tax deductions.
- We supply Section 18A tax certificates on your request.
How to make your donation:
OPTION 1: Donate Online at GivenGain
OPTION 2: Donate Via Direct Bank Transfer:
- Make an EFT deposit into the bank account below
- Use your Surname or Company Name as the reference
- Email us to confirm which campaign or preschool we should allocate your funds to.
Our Banking Details:
Account Name: GW Foundation
Bank: Investec Bank Limited
Branch: 100 Graystone drive
Branch Code: 580105
Type of Account: Current Account
Account Number: 10011899076
BIC / SWIFT CODE: IVESZAJJXXX