GROW Educare Centres is determined to bring 5-star early learning to every neighbourhood that unlocks human potential. To achieve our vision, we create an ecosystem for Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres that ensures children receive high quality early learning and that ECD Centre Owners run professional and sustainable small businesses.
Our 5 Steps to 5 Star programme offers ECD Centre owners a complete recipe for success and includes all the tools, training and resources needed to operate a professional centre. As part of this, we have developed an integrated mobile application (App) that is freely available to any ECD centre in South Africa. This mobile App suite ensures that ECD Centre Owners have all the tools, resources and training in the palm of their hand and includes tools and resources for teachers and parents.
If you are a seasoned educator and a dynamic team player with excellent mentoring skills and a passion for working with young children and their practitioners, you may be the ideal candidate for this opportunity. Based in our regional office in Midrand, your role will be to provide ECD support, guidance and feedback to centre owners and their practitioners. The role includes developing practitioners’ competence to ensure the achievement of high-quality early learning services through the effective implementation of the GROW learning programme.
• Assist with conducting the education needs analysis of ECD centres.
• Guidance with set-up, appropriate classroom layout and implementation of the GROW Education Programme at ECD centres.
• Facilitate training of practitioners when required.
• Plan and conduct field visits to ECD centres as per the relevant service package allocations.
• Provide online mentoring to ECD centre owners as per the relevant service package allocation.
• Mentor ECD owners and practitioners towards best practice and the effective implementation of the GROW Education Programme.
• Provide guidance regarding health and safety standards.
• Oversee, guide and support ECD centres in the process of practitioner evaluations, learner assessments, progress reports and inventory check processes.
• Monitor GROW franchise ECD centres to ensure the required brand standards are met.
• Have a thorough working knowledge of the App mobile suite.
• Assist with GROW Information and App Support sessions.
• Provide support and guidance in the implementation of the App usage by ECD centre owners (login, enrolling staff and learners, accessing resources and online training, conducting inventory checks, learner assessments and teacher evaluations).
• Provide support and guidance in the implementation of the App usage by practitioners (login, taking learner attendance, accessing resources, online training and teacher guides, conducting learner assessments)
• Assist with App user follow-ups and collecting and recording feedback on user experiences
• Reporting and administration
Requirements and Competencies:
• A Diploma in Education or ECD sector (Minimum NQF level 5)
• Fluent in English and isiZulu or Setswana. Fluency in other South African languages will be advantageous
• At least 5 years ECD teaching experience
• Experience in training and facilitation will be an advantage
• A valid driver’s license is essential and own transport will be an advantage
• Emotionally intelligent with strong development and interpersonal skills
• Able to clearly convey information and ideas, provide feedback, instruction, and guidance to help practitioners excel in their role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Knowledgeable about a play-based approach to development
• Proficiency in MS Office suite and comfortable with technology
The successful applicant must be open to learning and change, be passionate about our cause, value diversity and the reinforcing of others’ self-worth.
Please forward your cv to email@example.com with a short covering note explaining how your skills, experience and accomplishments meet the requirements for the position and why you believe you would be an asset to GROW in this role.
Closing Date: 28 October 2022