The majority of our GROW Educare Centres reopen today, Monday 3 August, over 137 days after they were forced to close on 18 March 2020!
Parents are a combination of nerves, apprehension and excitement: many know that going back to preschool will have tremendous benefits for their child, but they also worry about safety.
Here’s what we’ve done to ensure GROW centres are ready to reopen safely:
- New, detailed Standard Operating Procedures that include strict protocols and procedures such as
o No guests or parents may enter the centre
o All staff to wear masks
o Screening at the door and throughout the day
o Social distancing indicators through the centre
o Daily cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces and toys
o Regular handwashing or sanitizing
- Intense training for every centre owner, teacher, teaching intern, cook and cleaner.
- Masks and shields for every staff member
- Handwashing stations for every centre
- Sanitiser is easily available (most centres have foot-operated stands)
- Cleaning consumables for daily deep-cleans for every centre
- Screening protocols and thermometers for every centre
- Action plans in the case of symptoms or infections
Thank you for making it possible
We acknowledge the tremendous support of every staff member, franchisee, teacher, partner, corporate and individual funder who has made this momentous task possible.